Shiloh Baptist Church is committed to providing resources, service, and support to our members and the community. Our resource and community outreach efforts have led to on-site programs that provide benevolence, food baskets, aiding the homeless, senior programs, and other necessary services. Below are a list of resource programs offered through SBC.
Our mission is to offer faith-based healing ministry to our qualified Hanover neighbors by providing free medical and dental health care with compassion, dignity and respect. We offer the following programs:
- Shiloh Baptist Church Eye Clinic (Tuesdays 5:30pm) – providing professional examinations and eyeglasses as prescribed.
- St. James the Less Free Medical/Dental Clinic – Patients experience improved health care and receive medications and referral for diagnostic tests and/or specialist care as needed.
- Ashland Christian Disciples of Christ Foot Care Clinic – Professional podiatry care.
- Mechanicsville Christian Center Dental Clinic – Good dental health, including dentures and partials.
- Shady Grove United Methodist Cheryl Watson Memorial Medical Clinic – Healthcare including medications and referrals for diagnostic testing and /or specialty care all offered free of charge.
Weekly Meetings Monday -Thursday 9:30am to 1:00pm
What is a Friendship Café? Senior Connections Friendship Café are neighborhood gathering places for seniors where a hot midday meal, good friends, and diverse activities assured that seniors remain active and connected to the community while meeting their nutritional needs.
Who may attend? Adults 60 years of age or older, independently mobile – not home bound, physically, mentally and medically independent, able to attend with out assistance, living independently.
What is provided? Meals, activities, exercise and field trips are provided.
Cost? There is no charge for participation in the Friendship Café.
How can I get there? Participants can drive themselves, commute with friends, get a ride from a family member, or utilize one of the transportation services provided by Senior Connection.
How do I get started? All prospective clients must complete an application process. See Emily Lee or Jody Allen
Shiloh Baptist Church and CAPUP collaborate to provide discount food packages. The cost is $18. Orders are taken each 2nd Sunday, and package pick-up is on the 3rd Friday of each month a 6:00pm. For more information, contact the SBC Resource Ministry.
CARITAS is a Richmond-area collaborative network of persons living out a fundamental desire to do good for one another. Congregations, volunteers, businesses, funders, service providers, and agency staff all work together to nurture persons who are in critical need of help. CARITAS is a faith response that provides for the most basic needs of people who are suffering—food and shelter, home furnishings, and employment.